Re: Short event-handling question...

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: Short event-handling question...
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 11:09:44 +0200

Hi Clemens,

> However there is a thing I do not fully understand / did not find out
> how its realized:
>
> If I post a synthetic event to the event queue using
> t.getSystemEventQueue.postEvent() end the source of the event is e.g.
> a JFrame, the event is automatically sent to the lightweight component
> which had the focus or is located at the position of a mouse event.
> Where does this happen?

AFAIK, this happens in java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager. I would
think that your statement only is true for synthetic keyboard events.

> What I would like to implement is something like a Remote-Swing, where
> the swing-gui actually lives on server and only the drawing-commands
> are sent to the client.

Whoa, crazy :-)

> Do you think it would be hard to implement this withought relying on a
> heavyweight AWT backend, for what I do understand the only thing I
> need to simulate is the SystemEventQueue right?

Could well be. This alone would be a very difficult task afaics.

Maybe you can give a little more information, otherwise I can hardly
imagine, what you want to implement. I mean, the client would reside
inside a JFrame (?), and have it's own event queue and drawing
mechanism. Where would the server intercept here?

/Roman