Re: i2p liberated! [Fwd: GCJ support is on the way]

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: i2p liberated! [Fwd: GCJ support is on the way]
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:44:34 -0600

>>   The first is a bug in GCJ (or maybe GNU Classpath, haven't tested
>>   on Jam or Kaffe yet) - when working with a java.util.Calendar, not
>>   all of the fields were being set correctly when they should be:

According to Sven, this bug was fixed a while back in Classpath.

It wasn't back-ported to 4.0.x.  For 4.1 it is waiting on my resource
merge patch, which is sitting here needing a little more
testing... also it is unclear if it ought to go in, given the current
slushy state of the GCC tree.

>> * 3) prng problems
>>   We gobble random bits like crazy.  To get a functional system, I
>>   had to disable our PRNG pool (which pulls data out of
>>   java.security.SecureRandom) and enable the weak PRNG (which pulls
>>   data out of java.util.Random).  This is not necessarily
>>   entirely GCJ's fault, but more of an issue with the OS which GCJ
>>   doesn't hide.

Could you file this in bugzilla?

Tom