Interruption of InterruptibleChannel methods

From: Nicolas Geoffray
Subject: Interruption of InterruptibleChannel methods
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 23:47:19 +0200

Hi all,

Implementing the Thread.interrupt inside my vm, I noticed nothing is actually done inside classpath (except for native/jni/java-nio/gnu_java_nio_VMSelector.c) for dealing with interruption of a thread executing an InterruptibleChannel method. I tried to look what other VMs do, but i feel like the implementation never completely covers the issue (maybe I'm wrong? Jamvm says "Full thread implementation including Thread.interrupt", but is the
implementation of Thread.interrupt full?).

I have the feeling that something has to be done inside ||gnu classpath in order for a a vm to correctly deal with the interruption of a thread inside an InterruptibleChannel method.

Is this kind of discussion present elsewhere? I didn't find it in the archives. And the docs
in gnu classpath and vms seem like "forgiving" the issue.

Cheers,
Nicolas||