Re: 0.19 generics branch release? was Re: 0.19 "release meeting"

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: 0.19 generics branch release? was Re: 0.19 "release meeting"
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2005 00:51:33 +0200

Hi,

On Wed, 2005-10-26 at 13:33 -0600, Tom Tromey wrote:
> IMO it would require a dedicated volunteer... the releases already
> seem to take a lot of Mark's time, and we would want to minimize
> differences between the two branches at release time in order to avoid
> confusion on the part of Classpath users.

Yes. Andrew is doing a very fine job keeping the branch up to date.
Thanks Andrew! Since he is doing that I spend my own time on CVS head
first. Personally I feel concentrating on getting a robust 1.4-like core
library out first is really important (especially as long as gcj cannot
handle the new 1.5 language extensions). But if have a dedicated
volunteer that wants to do -generics releases in parallel that is of
course fine.