Re: Problems running GTK-peers on Nokia-770

From: Clemens Eisserer
Subject: Re: Problems running GTK-peers on Nokia-770
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 09:12:57 +0000

Thanks a lot for looking at this problem, I asked on so many lists
since I was not sure which of the many components interacting (jvm,
gtk, classpath peers, ...) could cause the problem.

> My guess is that gdk_drawable_get_colormap returns something we're not
> expecting.  Can you put a printf in
> native/jni/gtk-peer/gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkGraphics.c in
> Java_gnu_java_awt_peer_gtk_GdkGraphics_initFromImage to see what it
> returns?  It looks like GDK is having trouble allocating colours in its
> colormap.

Seems like you identified the problem *respect*! It returns the
integer-value 0 and when I check if its a colormap it fails (
g_assert(GDK_IS_COLORMAP(g->cm)); ).
Any ideas why this could happen? The 770 uses a modified kdrive
xserver running at 16-bit color.

Thanks again, lg Clemens