Re: J2ME classes in GNU classpath

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: J2ME classes in GNU classpath
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2005 14:12:04 +0100

Christian Thalinger wrote:
Hi!

As you might know CACAO was always driven by some students doing some
praktika or diploma thesis on a specific topic.  We now have a new
student whose topic is to build J2ME classes on top of GNU classpath and
integrate the whole stuff, so that we/someone is able to build a J2ME
compatible (don't know exactly which version) classpath.

So, are you interested that this whole work is/will be part of the
offical GNU classpath (of course with the usual FSF paperwork)?

Sounds good to me. Given that J2ME is a more or less screwed up subset of J2SE, I'd suggest doing it on a separate branch, though.

Oh, and I can send you an URL for Kangaroo (based on Kaffe), that implemented some of those J2ME thingies (including some class libs, afair) if you are interested.

cheers,
dalibor topic