Re: A question about DOM Levels and JAPI

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: A question about DOM Levels and JAPI
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 22:04:55 -0500

On 11/6/05, Anthony Green <address@hidden> wrote:
> >From what I can tell the 1.4 JDK includes DOM Level 2 support and GNU
> Classpath implements DOM Level 3.  DOM3 introduces many new abstract
> methods on existing classes.  Why does this not show up in the nightly
> JAPI test results?

Good question. I'll look into this; can you give some specific
examples of the methods that should be being flagged?

My first guess was that these were being skipped because JDK1.5 had
DOM3 but I produced an HTMLized version of the ignored errors between
1.4 and 1.5 and it only shows three xml-related "abs.add" errors.

http://www.kaffe.org/~stuart/japi/htmlout/cvs/h-jdk14-jdk15.html#err_abs_add_javax_xml_parsers

Thanks for the report :)

Stuart.

--