libtool warning in libjawtgnu

From: Frederick C . Druseikis
Subject: libtool warning in libjawtgnu
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 14:04:22 +0000 (UTC)

Greetings,

Can someone help me understand the significance of the libtool Warning below?
Google reveals no relevant commentary on this issue.

------------------

gmake[3]: Entering directory
`/usr/ports/mystuff/classpath-0.18/w-classpath-0.18/classpath-0.18/native/jawt'

<SNIP>

*** Warning: Linking the shared library libjawtgnu.la against the loadable
module
*** libgtkpeer.so.0.0 is not portable!

<SNIP>

gmake[3]: Leaving directory
`/usr/ports/mystuff/classpath-0.18/w-classpath-0.18/classpath-0.18/native/jawt'

I'm porting to openbsd; there are packaging issues but classpath-0.1[89] both
compile successfully and install through the stock gnu install into /usr/local.

Can someone tell me what's trying to be accomplished -- specifically why this
non-portability is currently permitted?  Is this just a transient until jawt is
put somewhere else?  Or libtool is fixed?

Regards,
Fred