Re: A question about DOM Levels and JAPI

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: A question about DOM Levels and JAPI
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 12:50:20 -0500

Got it. Would you believe this bug was introduced back in November
2004 and nobody noticed? :( It appears I also checked it in without
the slightest comment about what I was doing.

I cunningly decided that actually adding new abstract methods is okay
on a class that has no public or protected constructors, because all
subclasses must be provided within the package and therefore are
likely to be updated with the new method at the same time as the
original class is. I figured this would account for classes that are
intended to be returned from factory methods and never implemented
externally.

What I forgot to account for was the fact that interfaces never have
constructors...

I'm checking in a fix now and I'll rerun today's (CVS) comparison...

Stuart.

--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/