Re: Japi vs JEditorPaneAccessibleHypertextSupport

From: Stuart Ballard
Subject: Re: Japi vs JEditorPaneAccessibleHypertextSupport
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 20:35:30 -0500

On 08 Nov 2005 19:23:14 -0700, Tom Tromey <address@hidden> wrote:
> I love the description of this constructor in the online javadoc.

Lol, classic.

> The rule is, a default constructor inherits the access of its class.
> I.E., 'protected' is correct here.

Doesn't that mean that a class that inherits from JEditorPane can see
the class but not the constructor? And isn't that a little weird? (Not
disputing your JLS expertise, mind you :) )

> Perhaps you can do it by noticing if the class has a synthetic
> 'this$0' field.  This is the usual name for an 'outer this'
> reference, meaning that the class is not static.

Does every nonstatic inner class get its outer this prepended to every
constructor? (It's easy enough to detect that the class isn't static,
we already flag a japi error if the staticness is wrong)

What about a doubly-nested inner class, does it get two or just the innermost?

Stuart.

--
http://sab39.dev.netreach.com/