Re: OT: and now oceanButtonRect()

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Re: OT: and now oceanButtonRect()
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 15:15:13 +0100

Hi theUserBL,

Am Mittwoch, den 16.11.2005, 13:36 +0000 schrieb theUser BL:
> Hi!
>
> > > Have a look at the new screenshot (the old one I have deleted):
> > > http://user.web-gear.com/theuserbl/screeny2.png
> >
> >This looks indeed nice. I would happily integrate you code into
> >Classpath, if the methods could take the parameters that I mentioned in
> >my previous mail
>
> ocenMenuRect() HAVE the same look and colors (pixel for pixel) like Suns
> Java.

Sure. But besides the look and colors there is some more in Swing, like
the LookAndFeel framework, which allows applications to modify the look
and feel. And for all the gradient using components, there is a property
XXX.gradient, which defines the parameters to be used for the gradient.
Hardcoding this kind of stuff for each component is more work and does
not help us much, because it is not compatible.

However, inspired by your work, I worked a little in this area on my
own. I 'decoded' the parameters and implemented the gradient using these
parameters. Here's my first result:

http://kennke.org/~roman/swing-gradient.png

I'll check this in now, then you can read through
javax.swing.plaf.metal.MetalUtils and the UI classes to find out how it
should work. :-)

/Roman