Re: JamVM does not startup

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: JamVM does not startup
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 12:33:31 +0100

Hi Isabella,

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 15:32 -0800, Isabella Thomm wrote:
> I am new to this, so sorry about this simple question and it probably
> does not fit in here, but I'd be glad to solve this problem:
> I have installed classpath 0.19, as described, (configure, make, make
> install...), and then jamVM 1.3.3 (configure with the
> --with-classpath-install-dir option, make etc.) and I get the following
> error, while trying to execute a simple with java compiled program:
> Error initialising VM (initialiseMainThread).

I think this is your --prefix option to classpath configure not matching
the --with-classpath-install-dir configure option for jamvm. I saw that
Robert wanted to to help offline. But please do post the solution to the
list so others having the same problem might find the solution on the
list later.

> I am using Debian unstable.

Note that Debian unstable should come with the latest classpath and
jamvm releases prepackaged.