Re: mauve comparison with tgolem

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: mauve comparison with tgolem
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 19:35:46 +0100

Hi Cacao Team,

On Tue, 2005-11-22 at 12:33 +0100, Christian Thalinger wrote:
> http://www.cacaojvm.org/tgolem
>
> The "mauve report" is the comparison table.  The "common" column shows
> all PASSes and FAILs which are identical on all JVMs/architectures.
> Each machine is listed with PASS, FAIL and MISS.  MISSed mostly can have
> two reasons: the testlet crashed and the remaining test were not run or
> the testlet has been removed from mauve cvs.
>
> Maybe this helps someone.

This is definitely very useful! The common failures would be good to
investigate more closely by all GNU Classpath hackers. And possibly
write bug reports (or better patches for fixes) for. In principle the
mauve framework can support xfail files, although I don't believe
anybody used that for a long time. When all common failures are
inspected/identified correctly we could make a good xfails file so it is
more clear what issues are regressions and what issues are runtime
specific.

Would it be possible to split out the mauve results pages? Or at least
have a page with just a list of all common FAILS?

Any idea about the GUI (Free Swing/AWT) tests? Is there a specific
reason they are not enabled at the moment?

Thanks,