Re: FreeSWTTestApps page added to wiki

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: FreeSWTTestApps page added to wiki
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 11:59:03 -0700

>> Not implemented [need JDK 1.5 or greater]
>> (java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun/awt/X11/XEmbeddedFrame)

Roman> Bleah. It's not that this is a JDK1.5 feature which is missing, it is an
Roman> unspecified class that is used by this program or maybe eclipse. We do
Roman> not provide classes in the com.sun namespace. Maybe file a bugreport to
Roman> Eclipse or this program that they should not use such classes if they
Roman> want to produce portable code.

I had a funny idea about this recently -- wouldn't it be cool if
Eclipse had a built-in 'quick fix' to fix the most common uses of
'com.sun.*'?  In particular I'm thinking this could be done for the
Base64 encoder thing that we run into so often.

Tom