Re: mauve comparison with tgolem

From: Edwin Steiner
Subject: Re: mauve comparison with tgolem
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 23:42:36 +0100

On Fri, Nov 25, 2005 at 07:35:46PM +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
[snip]
> In principle the
> mauve framework can support xfail files, although I don't believe
> anybody used that for a long time. When all common failures are
> inspected/identified correctly we could make a good xfails file so it is
> more clear what issues are regressions and what issues are runtime
> specific.

That would be very useful. It would integrate well with the regression
testing framework I'm planning for tgolem.

> Would it be possible to split out the mauve results pages? Or at least
> have a page with just a list of all common FAILS?

Absolutely possible. Are there any specific details I should include in
such a page?

> Any idea about the GUI (Free Swing/AWT) tests? Is there a specific
> reason they are not enabled at the moment?

Yes. All our machines are headless, so there is no X display. We are
pondering to use a virtual X server, but we don't have a real
solution right now. Any ideas would be appreciated.

-Edwin