Re: Compilation of Classpath with ecj on a 64-bit VM

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Compilation of Classpath with ecj on a 64-bit VM
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 14:45:21 -0700

>>>>> "Andrew" == Andrew John Hughes <address@hidden> writes:

Andrew> I recently hit on the same bug again for the second time, and
Andrew> still there seems to be no general solution to it.

The general solution is to track down a newer version of the mprec
code and import it.  There is a version of mprec out there somewhere
which dynamically sizes its internal buffers -- that is what we need.

Andrew> The original message that refers to is even older (January
Andrew> 2004).

I checked in something like this not too long ago.

2005-09-15  Tom Tromey  <address@hidden>

        Workaround for PR classpath/23863:
        * native/fdlibm/mprec.h (MAX_BIGNUM_WDS): Define as 128 on
        non-Pack_32 platforms.

See this PR (or maybe there is some other mprec PR too, I forget) for
more info.

Tom