Re: compiling Classpath on cigwin/win

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: compiling Classpath on cigwin/win
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2006 14:54:22 -0800

On Mon, Jan 02, 2006 at 07:10:57PM +0100, Enrico Migliore wrote:

> >yes. it is probably swapping itself to death.
> >

> Do you mean anything is going wrong?

I've looked at it again, and was able to reproduce the hang with GNU
Classpath's build only, there either jikes 1.22 + patches or jikes CVS
head + patches hang themselves up.

Oddly enough, the build works fine on Kaffe, which uses pristine GNU
Classpath, too. So I guess there may be some difference that accounts
for the different behaviour, but I can't say what it is. If you are
interested in hunting it down, I wish you best of luck.

> Any suggestions are welcome?

I've created a 'mini-fork'[1] of gcjx that can build on cygwin, but it
unfortunately segfaults when I try to build GNU Classpath using it. If
you are interested in debugging it, I can send you the tarball.

I am personally more interested into having a working gcjx on cygwin, as
I'd like to merge gcjx into Kaffe.

cheers,
dalibor topic

[1] i.e. I don't have the patches sorted out for contributing them back
to Tom yet, I just got it building tonight and had to do some minimally
invasive build system surgery. :)