Re: compiling Classpath on cigwin/win

From: Enrico Migliore
Subject: Re: compiling Classpath on cigwin/win
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 16:19:05 +0100

Hi Mark,

Hi Enrico,

If you can figure out why jikes hangs, either by adding -verbose to the
Makefile or by stracing or running it under gdb (if available under
cygwin) that would be interesting.

In order to understand why jikes hangs I did the following things:

1. added -verbose to the appropriate makefile
Now, the command line issued by make contains :... jikes -verbose...
    but Jikes hangs without printing anything on the standard output

2. recompiled jikes #defining the macro JIKES_DEBUG in the <config.h>
    file, in order to enable some debug messages.
The build completes and I'm sure that JIKES_DEBUG does effect the program because if I issue "jikes -help" I can see the debug options
    which were not available, with the ordinary build.

    Jikes hangs without printing anything on the standard output

I think I should use the GDB debugger which works fine on my Cygwin or the
DDD debugger (which is a GUI based debugger)
I'll do that tomorrow.