Re: please test: XMLEncoder patch - version 2

From: Robert Schuster
Subject: Re: please test: XMLEncoder patch - version 2
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 21:30:48 +0100

Hi Roman,
the PDs have to be registered to make out-of-the-box encoders (new
XMLEncoder(...)) be able to process instances of those classes. However: If you
want to split Swing out of the class library there is no point in trying to
register a PD for them since the class isnt there anyway.

I prepare a patch that will resolve this issue by using Class.forName() which is
allowed to fail for such classes.

Btw: Currently the encoder relies on the StAX implementation. If someone decides
to rip that out one has to provide an alternative gnu.java.beans.encoder.Writer
implementation.

cya
Robert