Re: please test: XMLEncoder patch - version 2

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: please test: XMLEncoder patch - version 2
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 22:13:08 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 2006-01-09 at 21:30 +0100, Robert Schuster wrote:
> the PDs have to be registered to make out-of-the-box encoders (new
> XMLEncoder(...)) be able to process instances of those classes.
> However: If you want to split Swing out of the class library there is
> no point in trying to register a PD for them since the class isnt
> there anyway.
>
> I prepare a patch that will resolve this issue by using
> Class.forName() which is allowed to fail for such classes.

I was hoping that we could use some instanceof trick since all the
"special" delegates are for classes that implement java.util.Map. Am I
right this is indeed the case for all these classes? If so maybe you
could special case when a class has a null classloader (bootstrap
classloader) and is an instanceof java.util.Map?

Otherwise maybe adding BeanInfos for all these classes is an option?