Re: Some Mauve regressions builder missed

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Some Mauve regressions builder missed
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 15:04:24 +0100

Hi all,

On Wed, 2006-01-11 at 21:19 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> So here are the Mauve tests with regressions that builder missed:
>
> - gnu.testlet.java.math.BigDecimal.DiagBigDecimal
>   This is the assert issue in mprec.c.

Fixed (by workaround) in CVS.

> - gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramPacket.DatagramPacketOffset
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramPacket.DatagramPacketReceive
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramPacket.DatagramPacketReceive2
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramSocket.DatagramSocketTest
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.DatagramSocket.DatagramSocketTest2
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.InetAddress.getAllByName
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.MulticastSocket.MulticastSocketTest
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.ServerSocket.ServerSocketTest
> - gnu.testlet.java.net.Socket.SocketTest
>   These are mostly the same issue (also an assert).
>   I am working on a patch.

Most are fixed in CVS. Two remain with DatagramPackets, which I am not
completely sure are real failures. See the patches mailinglist.

> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.text.BoxView.spans
>   I am unclear why the results changed between 0.19 an 0.20pre without
>   the builder noticing. Maybe we accidentally reset the tester.
>   Not investigated yet.
>
> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JTextField.createDefaultModel
> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JTextField.CopyPaste
> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.BoxLayout.simplehorizontal
> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.BoxLayout.simplevertical
> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.AbstractButton.setRolloverEnabled
> - gnu.testlet.javax.swing.JEditorPane.ConstructorsAndTypes
>   Not investigated yet.
>
> If people have time please do investigate the above Mauve tests so we
> can have a nice regression free release Friday.

I haven't looked at these. I am hoping one of the Free Swing hackers can
comment on whether or not these are showstoppers for 0.20. For now I am
assuming they are not.

Now going to do some application testing, writing the announcement, NEWS
entries, etc.  (We also need to resync the last patches to the
generics-branch again.)

Please let me know if you feel there are still showstoppers preventing a
0.20 tomorrow.

P.S. The list is ridiculously slow. Grrr. I have complained to the gnu
sysadmins and will let you know if they have any comments.