RE: SecurityManager troubles (and the release)

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: RE: SecurityManager troubles (and the release)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 09:29:40 +0100

On Fri, 2006-01-13 at 08:48 +0100, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> Maybe we can again special case that security check by doing a
> this.getClass().getClassLoader() == null?
> Hmmm, no, that doesn't work since getClassLoader() will trigger a
> security check. Nasty...

I see you solved this by just doing an instanceof on the bootstrap
providers. Much easier :) Thanks.

With this issue out of the way and most of the tests giving green lights
I am now going into "release mode". Which just means I will do the
following and then push out 0.20 unless someone screams hard enough :)

- Do a last mauve run and some application testing.
- Write the NEWS entries.
- Set version number to 0.20.
- Do a last make distcheck, generate documentation.
- Tag the CVS tree (classpath-0_20-release)
- Merge last changes from head to generics-branch.
- Do a quick smoke test of generics
  (make distcheck, launch eclipse, write generic-hello-world, run it)
- Tag the generics tree (generics-0_20-release)
- upload to ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/classpath/
- Write announcement
- Announce!