Re: SecurityManager troubles

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: SecurityManager troubles
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:16:48 +0100

Guilhem Lavaux wrote:
Gary Benson wrote:

Guilhem Lavaux wrote:

Gary Benson wrote:

FWIW I was able to push IBM's JRE into an infinite loop with this
test, so it would appear to be vulnerable to the same class of
problems even if not this actual problem.

BTW, Gary your test triggers a really nasty VerifyError in kaffe so
maybe we also have to do some work here. Although it works fine on
JDK 1.4.2.

Whatever it triggered on IBM looked nasty too.  It just printed this
out forever:

  Stack overflow occurred outside JITted code or Interpreter.
  Searching for valid stack frames.
  Stack trace information below may not be accurate or complete. It is
  provided for diagnostic purposes.

Had to kill -9 it to stop it.  At least when jamvm looped I could kill
it normally ;)

Cheers,
Gary

Hi Gary,

I have found what was causing the VerifyError in kaffe. I have fixed it and now it passes your test successfully with the help of latest patches from Jeroen.

Thanks to you all !

Wow, that was awesome to watch ... GNU Classpath's developer community simply rocks.

cheers,
dalibor topic