Updating Mauve tags

From: Roman Kennke
Subject: Updating Mauve tags
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 22:33:13 +0100

Hi there,

(BTW: This is a Mauve topic, I CC the classpath list because the
mauve-discuss list seems so dead).

I see that we have a concept of tags in Mauve. That is a collection of
keys at the top of each test class. This way we can filter the tests.
ATM we have tags for the JDK versions like JDK1.4 JDK1.3 and so on and a
couple of other tags. However, it seems that they are not maintained in
a usable way, so most people simply include every tag that they can
think of (that is what's done in batch_run for example) to run all
tests.

I would like to fix the tagging of the tests with regard to the JDK
versions. And since the current reference is JDK1.5, I would naturally
start with this one. What I propose to do is run all the tests under
JDK1.5 and set the JDK1.5 tag for all tests that pass there. For all
tests that FAIL and have the JDK1.5 tag set, this tag would have to be
removed. Later I would like to do the same for JDK1.4 and JDK1.3. (I
have no JDK1.2 JDK1.1 or JDK1.0 available, otherwise I would probably do
the same for these).

What do you think about this? Maybe I completely misunderstand the
concept and working of the tags?

Cheers,
/Roman