[The Book]

From: Raif S. Naffah
Subject: [The Book]
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 19:37:26 +1100

On Sunday 15 January 2006 07:51, i wrote:
> Classpath is more than just a bunch of APIs, and if there's a book
> worth reading about Java (and free VMs) it would be about what this
> project, its team of collaborators and hackers, and user VMs.  i'm
> not talking about people but software: what more, or better,
> Classpath + friends offer to the Java developers.
>
> has anybody given a thought to the idea of publishing such a book?

the responses are encouraging :-)

i suggest we move to the next stage: working out an Outline, before
finding a Publisher.  i am guessing having an Outline may be (i am
guessing here) a requisite to finding the Publisher --leaving Lulu as a
last resort.

unless somebody else beats me to it, i'll post a proposal for an Outline
soon, and will keep up-to-date a Wiki page ("TheBook") for the contents
of that Outline.

if there are no objections, we can continue using this list as the
vehicle for discussions.  to make it easier for those not interested to
filter out emails related to this project, we can use [The Book] at the
beginning of the subject line.

cheers;
rsn