Re: Win CE port

From: Mark Wielaard
Subject: Re: Win CE port
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:49:55 +0100

Hi Philippe,

On Tue, 2006-01-24 at 13:31 +0100, Philippe Laporte wrote:
>      Thanks for the answers.
>
> Yes, I mean rather Java VMs as seen as belonging to seperate categories
> according to their licensing requirements.
>
> Yet, the information you provide seems to be in contraditction somewhat
> with what they have at
> http://sablevm.org/wiki/License_FAQ

As said before GNU Classpath itself doesn't come with a runtime at this
time. GNU does provide one through GCC (libgcj/gij) and that one comes
under the same distribution terms as GNU Classpath itself (GPL +
Exception). If you have legal questions about that then please do
contact address@hidden since this really is the technical
mailing-list.

If you have questions about non-GNU, GPL-covered runtimes then it is
best to contact the copyright holders of those runtimes to ask for their
opinions. (BTW. Random pages on the interweb explaining the policies of
some "rival" runtime are not the most reliable information source...)