classpathx-discuss

Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Testing framework

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-discuss] Testing framework
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 09:09:11 -0700

> I believe we should use Mauve as our test framework because:
>
> - it's a free project
> - it's already used for the core libraries
> - it has all the necessary compiler/jvm support

Makes sense to me.  I'm not going to be picky, but if I had
remembered it, I'd have suggested it earlier!  :)

Free projects have the advantage that people updating the test
framework are helping other Free Software projects ... and in
this case, using Mauve means it'll be easier to improve.

Migrating classpathx software into the core libraries will be a
lot easier that way, too.

- Dave