classpathx-discuss

[Classpathx-discuss] ChangeLog ServletAPI update

From: Arnaud Vandyck
Subject: [Classpathx-discuss] ChangeLog ServletAPI update
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 21:34:47 +0200 (CEST)

2003-04-21  Arnaud Vandyck  <address@hidden>

        * jsp/SkipPageException.java: added

        * jsp/JspTagException.java (JspTagException): added two constructors.

        * jsp/JspException.java (getRootCause): added. Also added two
constructors.

        * jsp/PageContext.java (include): IllegalArgumentException,
        SecurityException do not need to be in the signature, only in the
        documentation
        (forward): IllegalArgumentException, IllegalStateException,
        SecurityException do not need to be in the signature, only in the
        documentation.
        (include): String path, boolean flush: new in JSP 2.0
        (handlePageException): Exception: [javadoc] throws
        NullPointerException, SecurityException
        (handlePageException): Throwable: [javadoc] throws
        NullPointerException, SecurityException
        (popBody): new in JSP 2.0 but don't know if the implementation is
        good!
        (PageContext): removed a lot of methods that I did not see in the
        current specifications.
        NOTE: This class is NOT usable for now!

2003-04-20  Arnaud Vandyck  <address@hidden>

        * jsp/PageContext.java (PageContext): extends JspContext (JSP 2.0)
        (PAGE_SCOPE): 1
        (REQUEST_SCOPE): 2
        (SESSION_SCOPE): 3
        (APPLICATION_SCOPE): 4
        NOTE: I don't know if we must keep the same values as the original
        jsp api. If we do, we have to replace the values in the sources by
        these ones. BUT: these values are defined in the parent class, so
        we can also just erase the four properties in this (PageContext)
        class.
        (getSession): is an abstract method!
        (getPage): new abstract method
        (getRequest): new abstract method
        (getResponse): new abstract method
        (getException): is an abstract method!
        (getServletConfig): is an abstract method!

        * jsp/JspWriter.java (getRemaining): added

2003-04-19  Arnaud Vandyck  <address@hidden>

        * jsp/JspFactory.java (getEngineInfo): added

        * jsp/JspContext.java: new in the 2.0 JSP spec.

        * jsp/ErrorData.java: new in the 2.0 JSP spec.

2003-04-18  Arnaud Vandyck  <address@hidden>

        * http/HttpUtils.java: this class is now deprecated (and all the
methods)

        * http/HttpSessionBindingEvent.java: extends HttpSessionEvent, not
        java.util.EventObject
        (HttpSessionBindingEvent): new constructor to match with the 2.3 spec.
        (getValue): new int the 2.3 spec.

        * http/HttpSessionListener.java: extends java.util.Eventistener

        * http/HttpSessionAttributeListener.java: extends java.util.Eventistener

        * http/HttpSessionActivationListener.java: extends
java.util.Eventistener

        * http/HttpSession.java (logout): new in the 2.4 spec.

        * http/HttpServletResponse.java (SC_FOUND): added (value 302
        also!) This is the recommended way of using the 302 value.
        (SC_TEMPORARY_REDIRECT): added (307)

        * UnavailableException.java: added depracation raisons

        * ServletResponseWrapper.java (getWriter): [javadoc] throws IOException,
        UnsupportedEncodingException, IllegalStateException.
        (setCharacterEncoding): added - 2.3
        (setResponse): added - 2.3
        (getResponse): added - 2.3
        (setContentType): added - 2.3
        (reset): [javadoc] throws IllegalStateException

        * ServletRequestWrapper.java (setRequest): added
        (getInputStream): [javadoc] throws IllegalStateException,
        IOException
        (ServletRequestWrapper): [javadoc] throws IOException,
        UnsupportedEncodingException, IllegalStateException

        * ServletRequestEvent.java: new in the 2.4 spec.

        * ServletRequestAttributeEvent.java: new in the 2.4 spec.

        * ServletContextAttributeEvent.java: we don't need the servlet
        context instance variable (it's already in the parent).

        * ServletOutputStream.java (print(boolean)): modified this method
        to match with others java.lang.String#valueOf(boolean). I also did
        delete the two private static String STRING_TRUE and STRING_FALSE.

        * ServletContextAttributeEvent.java: Does not extends
        java.util.EventObject but ServletContextEvent

        * GenericServlet.java (init): QUESTION! Do the servlet have to
        log("started") when the ini(ServletConfig) is called?

        * ServletResponse.java (getContentType): new in the 2.4 spec.
        (setCharacterEncoding): new in the 2.4 spec.
        (setBufferSize): [javadoc] throws IllegalStateException
        (reset): [javadoc] throws IllegalStateException

        * ServletRequestListener.java: new in the 2.4 spec.

        * ServletRequestAttributeListener.java: new in the 2.4 spec.

        * ServletRequest.java (getReader): [javadoc] throws a
        java.io.UnsupportedEncodingException.

        * ServletContext.java (getServletContextName): added to be
        uptodate with the 2.3 spec.

- -- arnaud @ home