classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] NNTP Provider is able to search for message ID

From: dog
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] NNTP Provider is able to search for message ID?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:21:32 +0000

dixit Carsten Ringe:
> I'm trying to build a java newsreader and I want to use the JavaMail API.
> Your project is the only one I found, giving access to NNTP connections in
> JavaMail. After a quick scan through the code in CVS, I didn't find a
> method where I receive am article by its message id.
>
> Is this possible with your code or do I have to implement it on my own?

the javamail api does not provide a method to retrieve a message from a
folder by message-id.

it seems like javamail is hindering you here rather than helping. are
you sure you don't want to use the underlying gnu.inet.nntp package,
which provides all the nntp-specific functionality directly?

the project homepage is http://savannah.nongnu.org/projects/nntp-java

access is currently via savannah cvs, although if this bothers you i'll
create a .tgz package.
--
dog
sol lucet omnibus ... praeter anglorum