classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] How to use the ArticleResponse of an NNTPConn

From: dog
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] How to use the ArticleResponse of an NNTPConnection.article() command
Date: Sun, 23 Feb 2003 11:56:34 +0100

dixit Carsten Ringe:
I imported the gnu.inet package to my project today and tried to retrieve one article by message ID. The connection is set up correct and the server is responding. But when I come to this code, I'm stuck with some exceptions I can't interpret:

ArticleResponse article = connection.article("<address@hidden>");
System.out.println(article);

I recieve this output on the console:

gnu.inet.nntp.ArticleResponse: 0 article <address@hidden>

I wait a while, nothing happens. Then I try to quit my application via the exit MenuItem - NOT the Window Decoration Close. This output is thrown:

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "Path:"
at gnu.inet.nntp.NNTPConnection.parseResponse(NNTPConnection.java:1101)
at gnu.inet.nntp.NNTPConnection.quit(NNTPConnection.java:616)

you *must* read the content of the ArticleResponse fully before initiating subsequent nntp commands. the same goes for list commands. have a look at the javamail nntp provider sources for example usage of the nntp-java client.

please not that this is an nntp-java issue and has nothing to do with classpathx - please send any further feedback on nntp-java directly to me.
--
dog
sol lucet omnibus ... praeter anglorum