classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Session.java patch for loading resources from

From: chris burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Session.java patch for loading resources from jar
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 18:06:25 +0100

Doug Porter wrote:
> diff -r
> /usr/src/CVS/classpathx/mail/source/gnu/mail/providers/smtp/SMTPTransport.java
> /usr/src/tiger-0.5.2-test/thirdparty/classpathx-javamail-customized/mail/source/gnu/mail/providers/smtp/SMTPTransport.java

thanks for these, i have incorporated them into current cvs (albeit not
verbatim).

Doug Porter wrote:
> diff -r
> /usr/src/CVS/classpathx/mail/source/gnu/mail/providers/pop3/POP3Connection.java
> /usr/src/tiger-0.5.2-test/thirdparty/classpathx-javamail-customized/mail/source/gnu/mail/providers/pop3/POP3Connection.java

i haven't touched this, because i feel that if the server supports APOP
the client should use it. that is, the -ERR response indicates that
authentication was not successful, not that the client should use a less
secure authentication mechanism.

the only possible problem i can see with this strategy is a
misconfigured server; in fact i have that problem currently with gnu
mailutils pop3d, which doesn't seem to want to open its apop password
database for some reason. in this eventuality i have provided a session
flag, 'mail.pop3.disable-apop', which you can set to true to avoid the
APOP behaviour entirely.

i hope this is acceptable to everyone; if not please mail me direct and
we'll discuss it.
--
chris burdess