classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] problem in build GNU JavaMail with ant

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] problem in build GNU JavaMail with ant
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 09:01:15 +0100

web.de wrote:
> Hello, i try to build GNU JavaMail with ant but i get the following error :
>
> gnumail:
>     [javac] Compiling 115 source files to G:\Fh-muehcne\mail-1.0\classes
>     [javac] G:\Fh-muehcne\mail-1.0\source\javax\mail\Session.java:39: package
> gn
> u.inet.util does not exist
>     [javac] import gnu.inet.util.Logger;
>     [javac]                      ^
>

> any can help please?

You need inetlib in your CLASSPATH. Read the INSTALL documentation.

> ps: i just need the package, i wonder that there is no jar file for GNU
> JavaMail, and that i have to build from source!

The GNU project doesn't distribute binaries, only sources and the
means to build them.

Besides, if you had had the jar and hadn't read the documentation,
you would still have had problems deploying the gnumail jar without
inetlib.

If you want a binary distribution, I recommend Debian or jpackage.org.
--
Chris Burdess