classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Fwd: \Recent flag in IMAP

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Fwd: \Recent flag in IMAP
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 19:55:59 +0100

Robert Mitchell wrote:
One further note:  It seems to me that it would be more appropriate to
use the +FLAGS and -FLAGS items to do the updates, rather than trying to
use FLAGS and passing all of the resulting flags.  Among other things,
this would (at least in my mind) give more reasonable results if
multiple clients were updating the flags at the same time.

That seems fair - I've applied a patch which implements this, and adds a simple test for it: please let me know if you have any problems with it.

Robert Mitchell 4/18/2005 3:32:13 PM >>>

If I read in a message via IMAP that has its \Recent flag set, and then
try to change other flags via Message.setFlags (or Message.setFlag), I
get a MessagingException which complains about trying to set the \Recent
flag.  The problem appears to be that after merging in the new flag
values, gnu.mail.profiders.imap.IMAPMessage.setFlags does not ignore the
\Recent flag when sending the updated flags to the IMAP server.

Note that according to the IMAP specification, the \Recent flag is not
a legal argument to the STORE or APPEND commands (section 2.3.2 of RFC
3501).

This flag will now not be stored.
--
Chris Burdess