classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] Re: Maildir is not visible

From: Matej Cepl
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: Maildir is not visible
Date: Wed, 23 May 2007 15:13:46 +0200

On Wed, 23 May 2007 10:30:22 +0100, Chris Burdess scripst:
>> $ java CopyFolder
>> name of the folder is target
>> There are 40 messages in the source folder
>> There are 40 messages in the selection
>> There are 0 messages in the target folder

This is what I have problem with -- why there are no messages in the
target folder even according to my Java program?

>> $ find examples/output/target/* -type f | wc -l
>> 6
>> $

> There shouldn't be any actual files in the maildir folder.

find <dirname> -type f lists all files (not directories) in all
subdirectories of <dirname>. So that's not the problem. Of course, I
checked this with mutt as well (I used find only because it is is easier
to show in the message).

> What patform are you using, perhaps it doesn't implement File.renameTo
> correctly?

Linux -- Fedora Core 6

> You should also register a MessageCountListener on the target folder to
> see which messages were actually added. For instance, only MimeMessages
> can be appended to a MaildirFolder.

That's interesting. I will get back to you later when I will check this.

Thanks,

Matej