classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] New implementation of loggers in GNU inetlib

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] New implementation of loggers in GNU inetlib
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2007 18:28:52 +0100

Hi

In order to make the behaviour of javax.mail.Session.setDebug and setDebugOut work correctly, I have made a small API change in some of the inetlib clients regarding logging.

Previously, some clients had a public static Logger logger member. This is now instance-scoped (not static). I hope this doesn't break too much stuff.

Debugging GNU JavaMail should also now just work in the same way as Sun's implementation, although if you're a java.util.logging expert you can also get protocol logging to work without using setDebug, and of course you can still use java.util.logging in exactly the same way for inetlib.