classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: CRAM-MD5 authentication to cyrus imapd fai

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] Re: CRAM-MD5 authentication to cyrus imapd fails
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 10:09:01 +0100

Boris Folgmann wrote:
> I've hoped to get some comments on this.
>
> Boris Folgmann schrieb/wrote:
> > Using the same code log in fails to the other server which is located in
> > the Internet and requires the use of SASL for secure logins:
>
> Now I've had to allow plain logins to get my JavaMail code working. Should
> I file a bug report about this somewhere else?

Sorry about the delay.

First, the missing files are not a problem given that you're loading
custom files in any case.

I don't honestly know why this is not working for you. The first thing
to do would be to try to disable SSL and look at the raw bytes being
passed for the CRAM digest using a tool like netcat or tcpflow. It may
be that there is a bug in the HMAC computation (the method hmac_md5 in
gnu.inet.util.SaslCramMD5, for instance) that computes the wrong value
for some input. This has been successfully tested with a number of
inputs, however - perhaps you could try changing the authentication
credentials and see if it is specific to particular values?
--
Chris Burdess