classpathx-javamail

[Classpathx-javamail] EOFException when accessing IMAP store

From: alok vaidya
Subject: [Classpathx-javamail] EOFException when accessing IMAP store
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:24:03 +0530

Hi Fellas,

I am constantly getting an EOFException when I am attempting
"store.connect()". The protocol is IMAP, the provider is from GNU.

Till recently everything was going fine when I was using the IMAP provider
supplemented by Sun. I could send messages and receive them. Now I need to
use the Gnu Mbox format for storing messages, so I have included the mail
JAR from GNU. Now it has automatically switched the provider to
*gnu.mail.providers.imap.
*Firstly I do not know the reason for this as I could have as well continued
to use the provider given by Sun and used only the Mbox provider from GNU
(do not know if I am missing something here), secondly it constantly gives
me an EOFException.
I have put a trace of the exception here for reference:
javax.mail.MessagingException;
  nested exception is:
java.io.EOFException
at gnu.mail.providers.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:245)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:291)
at javax.mail.Service.connect(Service.java:172)
at com.alok.examples.MailTest.main(MailTest.java:103)
Caused by: java.io.EOFException
at gnu.inet.imap.IMAPConnection.readResponse(IMAPConnection.java:361)
at gnu.inet.imap.IMAPConnection.starttls(IMAPConnection.java:599)
at gnu.inet.imap.IMAPConnection.starttls(IMAPConnection.java:577)
at gnu.mail.providers.imap.IMAPStore.protocolConnect(IMAPStore.java:149)
... 3 more