classpathx-javamail

Re: [Classpathx-javamail] GNU JavaMail Bright Future

From: Conrad T. Pino
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-javamail] GNU JavaMail Bright Future
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 11:58:15 -0700

> From: Chris Burdess
>
> > I suggest Point 1 above is sufficient to justify taking down the Sun
> > source code knowledge limitation.
>
> I believe you're correct and we can remove the limitation.

Thank you!

> > I want to contribute towards JavaMail API 1.5 compliance.
> >
> > I want to the study feasibility for light-weight MaildirMessage that
> > defers reading the message body until needed.  For memory and process
> > efficiency, we want to read messages in large batches where most are
> > uninteresting and we make that determination predominantly from the
> > headers alone.
> >
> > I want study making the GNU JavaMail Maildir Provider interoperate
> > with the Oracle/Sun JavaMail API Reference Implementation.
>
> Please do. If you can provide patches against both GNU
> JavaMail HEAD and the website documentation for me to review,
> I'll look into setting you up with CVS access.

As a past committer and existing Savannah member, I've noted I'm still
a project member which I believe grants CVS access; further I note a
promotion to "technician" and "manager" within the project trackers.
Per project policy all patches are reviewed before any commits.

I've learned events are shifting since I first posted so I may delay
commencing serious work.

Conrad Pino