classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] problem with SYSTEM entities

From: David Brownell
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] problem with SYSTEM entities
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2002 11:37:37 -0800

> <!ENTITY intro SYSTEM "introduction.xml">
> &intro;
>
> when i parse it with Aelfred2 i get this error:
>
> About to parse test.xml...
> java.net.MalformedURLException: no protocol: introduction.xml

You probably didn't provide the fully qualified URL of the
document you're parsing.  Provide it, and you should be
able to parse correctly using any SAX parser.

For example, invoke it by

    parser.parse ("file:/home/egonw/xml/test.xml");

or

    parser.parse (new InputSource ("file:/home/egonw/xml/test.xml"));

If you do that and it still fails, that'd be a bug ... :)

I think that some versions of Xerces will interpret relative URIs
against some arbitrary base URI if you don't provide the true one,
but that's a nonportable behavior.

- Dave