classpathx-xml

Re: Bug report (Re: [Classpathx-xml] Merging GNU JAXP into kaffe)

From: Dalibor Topic
Subject: Re: Bug report (Re: [Classpathx-xml] Merging GNU JAXP into kaffe)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 15:21:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi Dave,

thanks for the quick reply, I was busy trying to merge
in support for javax.sound into kaffe.

--- David Brownell <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dalibor Topic wrote:
> >
> > In short: the bug is that currently GNU JAXP
> parses an
> > attribute when it shouldn't. The bug is in
> > gnu/xml/pipeline/EventFilter.java . It has been
> > introduced in version 1.14 of the file.
>
> No, that code is right ... did you have a chance
> yet to try that patch I sent?  The problem would be
> that there's one use of that bind() call in a place
> where its potential side effect shouldn't be
> visible;
> the fix is to prevent that.

I tried the patch, but it didn't seem to help. I still
get the "xmlns:xsl" attribute in the output of the
test program over attribute.xsl. You can verify that
the bug is still there yourself by getting a fresh
checkout of kaffe, applying your patch in the
libraries/javalib directory, and rebuilding. The
javax.xml, org.w3c, org.xml, and gnu.xml source trees
should be identical to the latest version in the GNU
jaxp CVS.

Ito, did it work for you?

best regards,

dalibor topic