classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] Some libxsltj questions

From: David Neary
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] Some libxsltj questions
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 16:08:54 +0200

Hi all,

I have a few questions about libxsltj, and this seems like a good place to
ask them :)

First, what would be necessary to have libxslj compile cleanly with a jaxp
other than gnujaxp.jar?

Second, there are a couple fo foibles in the Makefile.am that I was
wondering about - could someone tell me why they're there?

Notably:

gnu/%.class: @srcdir@/src/gnu/%.java
        echo "Compiling $*.java..."
        @JAVAC@ @JAVACFLAGS@ \
                -d . \
                -classpath "${CLASSPATH}:@srcdir@/src:." \
                @srcdir@/src/gnu/xml/libxmlj/transform/*.java \

@srcdir@/src/gnu/xml/libxmlj/transform/LibxsltStylesheet.java

seems a little weird. And with Sun's javac, this complains, since
LibxsltStylesheet appears twice on the javac command line. Removing the
@srcdir@/src/gnu/xml/libxmlj/transform/LibxsltStylesheet.java makes all work
well again.

Also, the dist-hook target should have
 cp -r $(srcdir)/testdocs/* $(distdir)/testdocs
or should ignore the CVS sub-directory. Changing to
 cp $(srcdir)/testdocs/test* $(distdir)/testdocs
avoids the CVS directory, at the expense of needing to be changes once a
file other than that gets put in there.

We could also add the x[ms]l files to DIST_EXTRA in the subdirectory's
Makefile.am as another way to handle the issue.

Also, I did a make dist a few minutes ago, and teh resulting tarball (after
correcting the two points above locally) didn't compile correctly. Is there
anything else which needs to be done to get this to make dist and/or
distcheck cleanly?

Thanks a lot,
Dave.

--