classpathx-xml

Re: [Classpathx-xml] Cleaning up CVS tags from code

From: Nic Ferrier
Subject: Re: [Classpathx-xml] Cleaning up CVS tags from code
Date: 13 Nov 2003 20:21:57 +0000

Dalibor Topic <address@hidden> writes:

> > How much of a problem are these for you? Why can't you simply
> > transform them out before you import the code?
>
> You're avoiding my question about advantages of RCS tags over using CVS
> to obtain status information, which I assume is a good sign ;)

Hmmm... I still think these are useful because they provide concrete
information outside of CVS. I haven't used them on gnujaxp, but I
have consulted them many times on other projects.

However, if this is stopping you importing them safely I would
consider removing them.

> Of course we could add a transition layer, and a specific parser engine
> for RCS tags and what not when doing the merges from GNU JAXP and waste
> a few days on that, but that's not the problem we are discussing ;) My
> point is that RCS tags are evil, and make things more complicated, so
> I'd like to see them purged from GNU JAXP.

I don't know how you're doing your import but I would have thought a
transition layer was basically just:

  cat source.java |
      grep -v -e '\$\(id\|author\|date\|....\).*$' > source.java

But anyway... let's see the patch.

Nic