classpathx-xml

[Classpathx-xml] GNU JAXP progress

From: Chris Burdess
Subject: [Classpathx-xml] GNU JAXP progress
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 10:53:34 +0100

We have seen some great improvements in GNU JAXP recently. First, let me
welcome Musachy Barroso, who is working on resolving some of the
problems in Ælfred. We've already managed to improve Ælfred's
SAX conformance from around 45% to nearly 86%! For details, see the
league tables at

  http://cpx.sektor37.de/libxmlj/

Second, I've managed to finish many areas of libxmlj, including the
transformer integration and entity resolver callbacks which were
required basic JAXP functionality. In addition, we go way beyond what
most JAXP implementations support in other areas: we support much of the
new W3C Recommendation DOM Level 3, and we also support the bleeding
edge DOM XPath interface, which allows us to do very fast in-document
searches.

I hope that we'll be able to make an alpha release available soon, that
can undergo more widespread testing and hopefully classpath integration.
--
Chris Burdess