cogitatio-interface

[Cogitatio-interface] folk portico

From: Sammy Huff
Subject: [Cogitatio-interface] folk portico
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:34:40 -0000

Id be miserableif I thought you wanted to go and didnt, because of me.
I was married to Barney Snaith last Tuesday evening in PortLawrence. She could not makeherself or anything she did seem real. I dont want you to makelove to me, but I want you to act like an ordinary human being.
Valancy was waiting at thegate for her bridegroom. It seems a hundred years since you went away, said Valancy. Valancy had taken some of her two hundred dollars out of the bankand spent it in pretty clothes.
Barney put his hands over the gate and took her little, cold onesgently in his.
Went to the Portin it today to get my license.
Valancy flaunted her wedding-ring in Olives stricken face.
His conscience did not trouble himat all.
Dawdle over meals as long as you wanted to.
They were standing up together before Mr. You can do as you like in the rest of thehouse.
But it worriedher and she lay awake at nights wondering what Valancy meant by it. Theonly bad one she had was one night when she was temporarily out ofmedicine. But, continued Valancy relentingly, I wont insist on yourwiping your feet when you come in.
She in her odd, unbridal green hat and dress;Barney in shirt and overalls. It was amazing to be able to sit up half thenight and look at the moon if you wanted to.
Something, she was sure, Doss would be delighted to hear. She learned to paddle a canoe as well as Barney himself.
Aunt Mildred andUncle Wellington had to help her out to the kitchen.
His only fault is that hesnores horribly when he is asleep.
So Valancy had come home, thank goodness, thought Olive.
I dont hold with many of those new-fangled notions, but there may be something in this one. Valancy had gone home once and got her cushions.
To marry a man you know nothing about, thought Cousin Georgianaaloud.
Shes giving it for her cousin from Toronto.