confuse-devel

Re: [Confuse-devel] confuse 2.4 and static linking

From: Eric Valette
Subject: Re: [Confuse-devel] confuse 2.4 and static linking
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 10:08:35 +0100

Martin Hedenfalk wrote:
Hi Eric,

Since this is a special case I will not include a replacement function for parsing /etc/passwd in the main sources. If you decide to do such a patch, you are more than welcome to post it on this mailing list. I can also link to it or place a copy on the libconfuse webpage. I can't maintain it though.

Well, I since then discovered that part of the X11 static libs also request theses functions so my patch will not be sufficient. I choose another option : I used part of dietlibc.a to make a libMini.a that implement those functions and a couple more needed by X11.

Depending on your requirements, perhaps it would suffice to use the $HOME environment variable to expand ~/paths?

Sure but problem is that I do not want to recompile a whole X11 now that I knox it is used too...

Thanks for responding,

-- eric