confuse-devel

[Confuse-devel] Patch request

From: Oscar Koeroo
Subject: [Confuse-devel] Patch request
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 15:43:42 +0200

Hi,

I've integrated libconfuse in my project[1] and I'm getting a compiler
warning on simple constructions like:

CFG_STR("attributeid", 0, CFGF_NONE),

The compiler message is:
warning: initialization discards qualifiers from pointer target type

Locally I've solve the huge list of warnings/errors about the qualifier
discard problem by making the following change to the name element in
struct cfg_opt_t:

In file "confuse-2.7/src/confuse.h"

   struct cfg_opt_t {
  <     char *name;       /**< The name of the option */
  >     const char *name;       /**< The name of the option */

And now my builds are clean and I'm not getting any other warning/error
on libconfuse 2.7 either.

I'd like to offer a slightly cleaner patch, but before I'd do that I
would like to see if anybody else has tried to compiler as clean as
possible with projects using libconfuse or libconfuse itself.

kind regards,

        Oscar Koeroo

[1]: https://github.com/okoeroo/generalauthorization