confuse-devel

[Confuse-devel] C++ and deprecated conversion fr om string constant to ‘

From: Craig McQueen
Subject: [Confuse-devel] C++ and deprecated conversion fr om string constant to ‘char*’
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 06:39:24 +0000

I'm using libconfuse from a C++ program. It works okay, however for every
config option specified with CFG_STR(), CFG_INT(), etc, I get a C++ compiler
warning:

warning: deprecated conversion from string constant to ‘char*’

It seems that this is because struct cfg_opt field name is 'char *' rather than
'const char *', and typical usage is to provide it a const string e.g.

CFG_STR("log-config", "log.conf", CFGF_NONE),

So, would it be possible for  struct cfg_opt field name to become 'const char
*'?

Regards,
Craig McQueen