cons-discuss

Re: More newbie questions...

From: Johan Holmberg
Subject: Re: More newbie questions...
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 11:28:17 +0200 (MET DST)

On Tue, 24 Oct 2000, Eric Brown wrote:

> I'm obviously misunderstanding something about Export, as I'm getting odd
> errors from cons.  I've been following the examples, and I'm getting errors
> that I don't understand.
>
> My Construct file has:
> $ENV = new cons();

[...]
> When I run CONS, I get:
> cons.bat: error in file "backend\Conscript" (cons.bat: variable "ENV"
> exported b
> ut not defined by file "Construct")
> cons.bat: script errors encountered: construction aborted

The problem is that you use the name "ENV", that has a special
meaing in Perl. If you change it to anything else it works better.

I posted a question about this more than a year ago, see:

  http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/cons-discuss/1999-September/000638.html

I thought that this had been fixed somewhere between then and now,
but obviously not. It should definitely be fixed.

/johan holmberg