cons-discuss

Re: Exports and nested directories....

From: Steven Knight
Subject: Re: Exports and nested directories....
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 20:59:16 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 31 Oct 2000, Eric Brown wrote:
> I'm a little confused about the Export command.  In particular, do changes
> in the export list in one directory affect the export list in another
> directory?

Depends on what you mean.  Changing the list itself (i.e., adding or
subtracting variables from the list) affect the list that can be imported
by any Conscript file called by the Build method.

Note that you can modify the export list in between calls to the Build
method in order to change the list that can be imported by any given
Conscript file:

        Export qw(ONE TWO THREE);
        Build 'a/Conscript';            # a/Conscript can import ONE TWO THREE
        Export qw(FOUR FIVE SIZE);
        Build 'b/Conscript';            # b/Conscript can import FOUR FIVE SIX

Ditto changes to the contents of the variables themselves:

        Export qw(var);
        $var = 'foo';
        Build 'a/Conscript';            # a/Conscript imports $var = 'foo'
        $var = 'bar';
        Build 'b/Conscript';            # b/Conscript imports $var = 'bar'

It looks to me like your example should work as expected.

        --SK