cons-discuss

Re: scanner bug (was: cons 2.1.2 issues)

From: Eric Krohn
Subject: Re: scanner bug (was: cons 2.1.2 issues)
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2000 08:27:12 -0700

You write:
>Question for the perl experts: when was the "do while" loop added to
>perl?  I cannot find any documentation for a "do while" loop.  I'm
>wondering if Zach has an older version of perl which doesn't understand
>it.

It would have to be a pretty old perl.  I recall that do {} while ();
existed back in perl 1.0-beta (vintage 1986)!  I suppose I'm dating myself.
"do" is an overly overloaded operator/function.  It took me a long time to
change over from the old function call syntax of
        do foo ();
        &foo ();

--
Eric Krohn